HSE Global Series is committed to protecting our customer’s privacy. Please take the time to review this notice which explains what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights. “HSE Global Series”, “we” or “us” is the data controller of the personal data collected via or in connection with hseglobalseries.com (the “Site”).
What personal data do we collect about you?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Site. This information may include:
• Information you provide to us when you use our Site (e.g. your name, contact details, location, company, job title);
• Transaction and billing information, if you make any booking with us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and billing information);
• Records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our team, interact with us on social media);
• Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email campaigns). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Site;
• Other information necessary to provide the Site, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our Site and your interactions with us the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
• To process your registration and provide details for you to attend
• To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our team.
• To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
• For market research, e.g. we may use data for location checks
• To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we are permitted to do so.
• To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
• Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a booking with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your booking).
• Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
• Because it is in our legitimate interests as an event provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best customer experience.
We love to communicate with our clients and so we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous browsing and other information we hold about you. We aim to share only relevant information based on your location and previous interactions however if you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us you can change your preferences at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email.
Who do we share this personal data with?
We share clients’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
• With other service providers we partner with e.g sponsors of events
• Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Storage and Retention
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a booking with us, we will keep a record of your booking for the period necessary for invoicing and tax purposes. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
You have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. Please contact us for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data, for example; where our purposes for processing your personal data have come to an end; where you object to our processing of your personal data based on legitimate interests and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue to process your personal data; and where our processing was based on your consent which you have withdrawn.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
Telephone: +44 (0) 1225 308078
Address: Riverside, Bradford Road, Melksham, Wiltshire, SN12 8LQ